The tenets of positive thinking, law of attraction, positive attitude which can bring forth multiple benefits such as good health, good circumstances, healthy relationships, great career and abundance of money, wealth and prosperity are known to almost all who have interests in metaphysics, psychology, para- psychology etc.
Great speakers, successful achievers and motivators very often refer to positive sayings, positive thinking quotes, positive thinking quotes and keep generating new ones to inspire their followers and listeners. This is a way to work on their belief system and generate positive energy around through the positive words.
Does making attitude and belief positive always bring in positivity?
Most the self help books recommend use of positive words, positive thinking and positive attitude to change your core belief system which in turn changes your circumstances towards better. I am sure most of you have tried this approach by changing your thinking or by changing your attitude but did it bring the desired positive changes all the time and to the extent you wanted? Be honest please! Were you very happy and satisfied with the philosophy?
Yet year after year, the bookshelves are flooded with innumerable books on the subjects of Self Development, Self Growth, How to Become Rich, How to Become Healthy, How to have a Harmonious and Successful Relationship and so on which urge you to stick to the principles of Positive Thinking, Positive Attitude, Positive Belief etc.
So what’s catch?
I have spent a number of years experimenting, researching and discussing with other to seek the truth and the detailed answer. In this blog, I will share the simple ideas which came up out of this massive exercise and how you or anyone can become more successful in any one or more chosen aspects of his / her life.
Quite honestly, these methods are genuine, honest, evergreen and universally applicable. If they can work for your neighbour, your friend, your uncle or a celebrity (whom you don’t know personally) then why can’t they work for you too? So there got to be solid reasons explaining that why the Positive Thinking, Positive Attitude or Strengthening the Belief towards positivity does not always work or doesn’t give equivalent of your full potential.
Probable Reasons for failures of Law of Attraction and such methods
Therefore, before we proceed to take up the highly effective methods of “Change your attitude and belief to improve your circumstances”, it is important to know that where and how there could be slippages or leakages leading to the failure or inadequate results to the experimenter.
1. Doing changes at the surface level are not good enough. For any change in human personality to be permanent the work has to be done at the deepest level of core belief. Our thoughts originate from our mind, therefore, not just at the conscious level but the re-programming is required to be carried out at level of subconscious mind.
If someone goes to a self development for one or two days, there is a lot of feel good atmosphere generated and he loves it. But within a few days the feeling goes away and the low motivation is restored at its earlier level. This is simply because the person concerned worked at the surface and did not attempt to take it deeper to the inner mind (the unconscious and sub conscious mind) – which is 80% of the mind.
2. Repetition is the key. The re wiring of mind is successful in bringing about the desired changes in the thought patterns and habits of a person only when the efforts are done repeatedly, consistently and relentlessly.
3. Procrastination is the greatest enemy of all the good things which a human being has the potential to achieve. The mind is quite clever. It can easily come up with excuses for not following the new routine or taking up a new challenge – which otherwise hold the key to the self development.
4. Shaking yourself out of your comfort zone is not so easy. Even if you are dreaming for a big, nice house in a rich and affluent and prosperous neighbourhood, yet you may me quite comfortable and feeling cosy in your present house. Thus you are not feeling pushed internally to go all out to make efforts for a new and expensive house.
5. Change is quite difficult. Quite often, you will find that Comfort Zone and Procrastination are two sides of the same coin. Research suggests that humans have a strong survival mechanism. We adjust to the circumstances and adapt the conditions. That is why it is difficult to shake yourself out of your present situation and have enough motivation to change significantly.
How to change your attitude and belief to improve your circumstances
Here are some interesting insights about the role and importance of our attitudes in shaping our daily lives. These facts have been presented in the form of some important points along with the ‘to do’ strategy. Also given are the methods and suggestions to change your attitude and core belief effectively.
Follow the suggestions sincerely and regularly to realize your higher potential.
1. What we believe, we become
“What we believe determines what we make true.” Our perception of the world, ourselves and the things around us such as, friends, job, circumstances, life style, determines our reality such as happiness, level of wealth or bank balance.
The secret to practice this principle is to experience everything twice. First time you have to do it in your mind and second time when you actually manifest it in this physical world.
To give you a real life example, a friend who is in construction business was not doing very well financially about 3 years back. He had a very small and shabby office but in one of the best buildings in downtown. But in his mind he always believed that he has all the money and if not presently with him, it is on its way. He had unshakable belief in higher Powers. Today he has a plush and large office on the 5th floor of the same building and his life style is the envy of many.
The lesson to be drawn is that you have to fake it to make it. Why? Because what you accept at subconscious level becomes a reality.
2. Change your belief and expect the best
I am sure you have seen many cases where equipped with the same set of skill sets and educational qualifications, two persons are doing extremely different in life. While one may be living in mansions with many servants and luxurious facilities the other may be just managing to make enough money to make both ends meet. So what is the possible explanation for this? Is one person very lucky and other is just fated to be doomed?
Well the answer is quite simple. What we believe determines what is true in our perception. Our perception decides what we have to look for. This ultimately affects what we receive or find in life. So if you want different experiences in life then go back to the cause, which in this case is the belief. Change your belief and you will alter your experiences.
Continuing with the previous example, my friend expected to be rich and expects to be lucky and sure enough, he is both.
3. Desired changes in Attitude and Belief have to be deep and embedded
Any change at the surface level is likely to fail sooner than the later. Sub conscious mind deals with the ideas, thoughts, core beliefs and attitude which are responsible for success and failures in life. It is the sub conscious mind which is responsible for our key actions and responses. Since it is the programming of the sub conscious mind which we are interested in to improve in our favour. If you have been repeatedly told that earning a lot of money is bad or you can never become rich then probably this script has become your reality. Perhaps you are struggling without much success to become a rich person.
Conscious mind is merely 20% of the total mind system and may be less.
4. Do Visualization Exercises every day
May be this is a new concept for you or you have heard of it before but did not try it or you tried it but with not much success. In either case, let me share with you a very simple yet steps to an effective visualisation technique.
Step 1: Find a place in your home, which is quiet and you are unlikely to be disturbed for a few minutes. Sit comfortably, keep your spine straight, relax your body and mind by inhaling and exhaling deeply about 5 times.
Step 2: Recall from your past an experience which was a truly happy and exhilarating one. Replay the entire incident in your mind’s screen and try to experience it with your 5 senses.
Step 3: Now visualize your dream goal at a stage when you have achieved it and you are enjoying it. Once again involve your senses and emotions. Be with this feeling for a few minutes.
For more details, please see Powerful Visualization Technique to achieve dream goals.
For best results, do this exercise 3 times a day for a few months at least and see the welcome changes in your life manifesting.
5. Do the exercise in “Deservability”
A big part of belief work and its success depends with the concept of deserving, or as Louise Hay calls it, “deservability.” If, at the deepest core of our being, we somehow feel that we don’t deserve to have what we are wishing for, then that belief programming will block those things from manifesting into our lives. This is what is also termed as limiting beliefs which makes us compromise on what we truly desire
To be successful in achieving our goals, it is absolutely necessary to work on our inner beliefs with concrete actions.
Some of the suggestions in this regard are:
Here are a few affirmations and it may be helpful to repeat these phrases either aloud or silently to pep yourself up or encouraged yourself in general life.
- I am deserving. I deserve all good.
- I no longer identify with limitations of any kind.
- I accept this Abundant Life with Joy, Pleasure for I am Deserving.
- I release and let go of the limitations of my parents.
- I Deserve the Best and I accept the Best now.
- I deserve an easy, prosperous, joy-filled life.
- I deserve an abundance of love and support.
- I deserve radiant, energetic health.
- I deserve all good.
- I now move past all negative, restricting thoughts.
- I no longer identify with limitation of any kind.
For more affirmations you may click on the following links:
- Powerful Affirmations to Attract and Manifest MONEY
- Affirmations to Attract Abundance
- Affirmations to Attract Prosperity
- Powerful Affirmations to Attract and Manifest WEALTH
- Affirmations for Business Success
Read Positive Attitude Quotes and Positive Thinking Quotes
Saturate your mind and the thoughts with an over dose of positivity. One of the best ways is to read with enthusiasm the motivational quotes and focus on the message. For example, you may like the following:
- Rise up and attack the day with enthusiasm.
- A positive attitude awakens inner strength, energy, motivation and initiative.
- The best way to gain self-confidence is to do what you are afraid to do.
- Positive thoughts are not enough. There should also be positive feelings and positive actions.
- When you think and say “I can”, confidence and happiness will fill your entire being.
- Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher. – Maya Watson
- I am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was. – Muhammad Ali
- The difference in winning and losing is most often…not quitting. – Walt Disney
- If you can change your mind, you can change your life. – William James
(If you are interested on more and different types of Quotes then please click here)
Be in Attitude of Gratitude
Staying in the attitude of gratitude works miracles for any person. Practice some gratitude affirmations of your choice daily to make gratitude a permanent habit.
For more, please click on: Gratitude Affirmations
- I am so grateful to be alive and well today.
- Every morning I give thanks and choose to be happy.
- I am grateful.
- My heart is filled with happiness and gratitude.
- Every morning I wake up, just grateful
- My gratitude reaches universe and universe moves towards me.
- I am truly blessed.
Also here is a link to All About Affirmations and it is highly recommended for you.
6. Be happy and make it a habit to be happy
Don’t feel guilty to be happy or successful. You don’t have to slog to make money; you don’t have to pay price to be happy. Don’t wait to achieve to your goals first to be happy. Happiness is state of happiness of mind and don’t wait to achieve your goals and then be happy after that.
Affirm it. Link it to your self image and let your subconscious be always happy. This will program your subconscious to deliver a meaningful and joyful existence. Your life will dramatically improve and get richer.
7. Live in the present moment
Every human living or has lived on this earth has experienced the challenges. The life will become so much easier if we were to focus and work with concentration on the present day’s demand. This means do not think of the past or worry about the future unnecessarily.
Think of the moment when you were absolutely absorbed in the real time experience. It could have been when you were getting married or your child was performing on the stage and the applause your child received. The positive thoughts and positive environment creates positive energy which makes the work so much easier and a fun – thereby making you accomplish more easily.
The moment you change how you think about yourself and your circumstances, both you and your circumstances will begin to change. The strategy or the philosophy in brief given above will not only give you the logical reasoning but will you the pleasure of reaching your highest potential. The only condition is that you should use these tools and work with it regularly, persistently with full faith till you have reached your cherished goals.
Second recommendation is that you should internalize every bit of the ideas given here. Therefore, you should read and re-read this blog a minimum of 2 to 3 times every week. Each time you are reading this article, put your rational mind to rest and allow your subconscious mind to absorb these ideas.
Make a commitment to yourself to practice regularly till you have manifested what you set out to do today.
- How to Stop Negative Thoughts to Overcome Depression and Anxiety
- Positive Thinking Quotes
- Good Luck Affirmations
- How to Overcome Fear of Money
- Habits that can make you Rich
- Secret Habits Which Can Make You Rich Faster
image credits: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/