Top 15 Meditation Quotes by Spiritual Masters
- Meditation can help us embrace our worries, our fear, our anger; and that is very healing. We let our own natural capacity of healing do the work. – Thich Nhat Hanh
- Practice meditation regularly. Meditation leads to eternal bliss. Therefore meditate, meditate. – Swami Sivananda
- Sleep is the best meditation. – Dalai Lama
- This is love: the flowering of love is meditation. – Jiddu Krishnamurti
- Meditation makes the entire nervous system go into a field of coherence. – Deepak Chopra
- Half an hour’s meditation each day is essential, except when you are busy. Then a full hour is needed. – Saint Francis de Sales
- Meditation is the tongue of the soul and the language of our spirit. – Jeremy Taylor
- Great amount of scientific research is there to show that health is better because transcendental meditation deals with consciousness, and consciousness is the basic value of all the physical expressions. The entire creation is the expression of consciousness. – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
- The best way to meditate is through meditation itself. – Ramana Maharshi
- Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity. – Voltaire
- The affairs of the world will go on forever. Do not delay the practice of meditation. – Milarepa
- Through meditation, the Higher Self is experienced. - Bhagavad Gita
- Meditation brings wisdom; lack of mediation leaves ignorance. Know well what leads you forward and what holds you back, and choose the path that leads to wisdom. - Buddha
- The Way to do is to be. – Lao Tzu
- I’m also good at meditation. It involves doing nothing and everything at the same time. – Mike Oldfield
Please click on the link below for more quotes by individual spiritual masters or watch videos:
Meditation Quotes by Buddha
- Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own thoughts, unguarded.
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
- There are two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting.
- The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.
- What we are today comes from our thoughts of yesterday, and our present thoughts build our life of tomorrow. Our life is the creation of our mind.
- When you realize how perfect everything is, you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky.
- You cannot travel on the path until you become the path itself.
- You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.
- All wrong-doing arises because of mind. If mind is transformed can wrong-doing remain?
- The mind is everything. What you think you become.
- It is a man’s own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
- There is nothing so disobedient as an undisciplined mind, and there is nothing so obedient as a disciplined mind.
- Nothing can harm you as much as your own thoughts unguarded.
- From the passions arise worry, and from worry arises fear. Away with the passions, and no fear, no worry.
- You cannot travel on the path until you become the path itself.
- Let the wise guard their thoughts, which are difficult to perceive, extremely subtle, and wander at will. Thought which is well guarded is the bearer of happiness.
- If a man’s thoughts are muddy, If he is reckless and full of deceit, How can he wear the yellow robe? Whoever is master of his own nature, Bright, clear and true, He may indeed wear the yellow robe.
Meditation Quotes by Deepak Chopra
- People think meditation is a huge undertaking. Don’t think of it like that.
- Self-awareness is not just relaxation and not just meditation. It must combine relaxation with activity and dynamism. Technology can aid that.
- We can actually accelerate the process through meditation, through the ability to find stillness through loving actions, through compassion and sharing, through understanding the nature of the creative process in the universe and having a sense of connection to it. So, that’s conscious evolution.
- Meditation is not a way of making your mind quiet. It’s a way of entering into the quiet that’s already there – buried under the 50,000 thoughts the average person thinks every day.
Meditation Quotes by Dalai Lama
- We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection.
- There are techniques of Buddhism, such as meditation, that anyone can adopt. And, of course, there are Christian monks and nuns who already use Buddhist methods in order to develop their devotion, compassion, and ability to forgive.
- Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.
- If every 8-year old in the world is taught meditation, we will eliminate violence from the world within one generation.
Meditation Quotes by Jiddu Krishnamurti
- The word ‘innocence’ means a mind that is incapable of being hurt.
- Meditation is not a means to an end. It is both the means and the end.
- To understand the immeasurable, the mind must be extraordinarily quiet, still.
- The soil in which the meditative mind can begin is the soil of everyday life, the strife, the pain, and the fleeting joy. It must begin there, and bring order, and from there move endlessly. But if you are concerned only with making order, then that very order will bring about its own limitation, and the mind will be its prisoner. In all this movement you must somehow begin from the other end, from the other shore, and not always be concerned with this shore or how to cross the river. You must take a plunge into the water, not knowing how to swim. And the beauty of meditation is that you never know where you are, where you are going, what the end is.
Meditation Quotes by Jonathan Robert Banks
- Meditation doesn’t need to be a spiritual thing. It just needs to be a healthy lifestyle choice like exercise and healthy food.
- In our modern world, it is essential that more people are meditating in some way as an antidote to the craziness . It doesn’t matter if you use traditional methods or modern technology as long as you are getting the benefits. – Jonathan Robert Banks
- Healing and uplifting our brain, mind and heart is now an imperative for us collectively so we can deal with the tsunami of very real technological advances rushing towards us, changing life as we know it forever.
Meditation Quotes by Ramana Maharshi
- Your duty is to be and not to be this or that. ‘I am that I am’ sums up the whole truth. The method is summed up in the words ‘Be still’. What does stillness mean? It means destroy yourself. Because any form or shape is the cause for trouble. Give up the notion that ‘I am so and so’. All that is required to realize the Self is to be still. What can be easier than that?
- When there are thoughts, it is distraction: when there are no thoughts, it is meditation.
Meditation Quotes by Swami Sivananda
- Meditation is painful in the beginning but it bestows immortal Bliss and supreme joy in the end.
- To achieve that state of lasting happiness and absolute peace, we must first know how to calm the mind, to concentrate and go beyond the mind. By turning the mind’s concentration inward, upon the self, we can deepen that experience of perfect concentration. This is the state of Meditation.
- Meditation is the dissolution of thoughts in Eternal awareness or Pure consciousness without objectification, knowing without thinking, merging finitude in infinity.
- The mental ability to concentrate is inherent to all; it is not extraordinary or mysterious. Meditation is not something that a Yogi has to teach you; you already have the ability to shut out thoughts.
- Thinking of disease constantly will intensify it. Feel always ‘I am healthily in body and mind’.
- God is all-full. He is self-contained. He is eternal satisfaction.
Meditation Quotes by Thich Nhat Hanh
- When you look at the sun during your walking meditation, the mindfulness of the body helps you to see that the sun is in you; without the sun there is no life at all and suddenly you get in touch with the sun in a different way.
Meditation Quotes by Wayne Dyer
- I am particularly drawn to the form of meditation called Japa. I know it works.
- There’s no substitute for the practice of meditation.
- Meditation is difficult for many people because their thoughts are always on some distant object or place. One form of meditation is to label the thought as it appears and then choose to let it go.
- Become slower in your journey through life. Practice yoga and meditation if you suffer from ‘hurry sickness.’ Become more introspective by visiting quiet places such as churches, museums, mountains and lakes. Give yourself permission to read at least one novel a month for pleasure.
Video: Meditation Quotes
Meditation Quotes by Other Masters
- When meditation is mastered, the mind is unwavering like the flame of a candle in a windless place. - Bhagavad Gita
- Reduce the stress levels in your life through relaxation techniques like meditation, deep breathing, and exercise. You’ll look and feel way better for it. – Suzanne Somers
- Meditation is a lifelong process. Give it a try. As you get deeper and more disciplined into the process, you’ll get deeper and more disciplined in your mind and life. Brendon Burchard
- My workout is my meditation. – Kyle MacLachlan
- Mindful meditation has been discovered to foster the ability to inhibit those very quick emotional impulses. – Daniel Goleman
- Yoga is a great thing and meditation is also great to get connected to yourself more. – Ziggy Marley
- Meditation is the life of the soul: Action, the soul of meditation; and honor the reward of action. – Francis Quarles
- Jesus himself talked about prayer and meditation. Anything that brings you closer to the Lord, what’s wrong with that? – Dennis Quaid
- No great work has ever been produced except after a long interval of still and musing meditation. – Walter Bagehot
- I deepen my experience of God through prayer, meditation, and forgiveness. – Marianne Williamson
- I’m not a New Age person, but I do believe in meditation, and for that reason I’ve always liked the Buddhist religion. When I’ve been to Japan, I’ve been to Buddhist temples and meditated, and I found that rewarding. – Clint Eastwood
- Meditation is to know oneself as one is. It is see our real face with out any mask. When we practice meditation then we are bound to come across dark side of our nature which we are suppressing in our unconscious mind. But through meditation we can transform these desires by being a passive watcher of them. – Unknown
- Concentration and exercises makes the mind stronger. Meditation does not make the mind strong but it takes us beyond the mind. Meditation is all about dis-identifying with the mind. Meditation is to be alert about our thoughts and witnessing our desires rather than indulging in them. – Unknown
- The more intense the nature of a man, the more readily will he find meditation, and the more successfully will he practice it. – James Allen
- Meditation doesn’t have to be complicated. What I do is about as simple as you can get. You could just count the beads, one, two, three, with your eyes closed or open, whatever makes you happy. – Lou Reed
- Yoga introduced me to a style of meditation. The only meditation I would have done before would be in the writing of songs. – Sting
- Transcendental meditation is like a car, a vehicle that allows you to go within. It’s a mental technique. – David Lynch
- Meditation is to get insight, to get understanding and compassion, and when you have them, you are compelled to act. – Nhat Hanh
- I find the practice of yoga very spiritual and taking the time to just be and to reflect through meditation and chanting helps me to connect to a higher energy. – Miranda Kerr
- Meditate, Visualize and Create your own reality and the universe will simply reflect back to you. – Amit Ray
- Meditation practice isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better, it’s about befriending who we are. – Ani Pema Chodron
- This is universal. You sit and observe your breath. You can’t say this is a Hindu breath or a Christian breath or a Muslim breath. – Charles Johnson
- You are never alone or helpless. The force that guides the stars guides you too. – Shrii Shrii Anandamurti
- If you want to find God, hang out in the space between your thoughts. – Alan Cohen
- To earn the trust of your meditation, you have to visit it every day. It’s like having a puppy. – Chelsea Richer
- Passive witnessing of thoughts and desires transforms them. Witnessing means to watch the thoughts without interpreting, interfering or analyzing them. Witnessing is the art of just watching the thoughts coming and going. – Unknown
- The things that trouble our spirits are within us already. In meditation, we must face them, accept them, and set them aside one by one. – Cristopher L Bennett
- Meditation is the secret of all growth in spiritual life and knowledge. – James Allen
- Be the master of mind rather than mastered BY mind. – Japanese Proverb
- Meditation is not concentration. Concentration makes the mind strong and one pointed. Whereas meditation makes the mind weaker and with constant meditation mind loses its grip on us. Meditation takes us beyond the mind and it is an process of dis-identifying with the mind. – Unknown
- Inner stillness is the key to outer strength. – Jared Brock
- So what is a good meditator? The one who meditates. – Allan Lokos
- While meditating we are simply seeing what the mind has been doing all along. – Allan Lokos
- If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath. – Amit Ray
- Meditation is a great way to keep my body well-centered while juggling shooting schedules and recording sessions. – Ariana Grande
- If every day you practice walking and sitting meditation and generate the energy of mindfulness and concentration and peace, you are a cell in the body of the new Buddha. This is not a dream but is possible today and tomorrow. – Nhat Hanh
- The mantra that you’re given in Transcendental Meditation you keep to yourself. The reason being, true happiness is not out there, true happiness lies within. – David Lynch
- Mindfulness is a quality that’s always there. It’s an illusion that there’s a meditation and post-meditation period, which I always find amusing, because you’re either mindful or you’re not. – Richard Gere
- Meditation is to dive all the way within, beyond thought, to the source of thought and pure consciousness. It enlarges the container, every time you transcend. When you come out, you come out refreshed, filled with energy and enthusiasm for life. – David Lynch
- We tend to think of meditation in only one way. But life itself is a meditation. – Raul Julia
- I see martial arts as moving forms of meditation. When you’re sparring or drilling techniques, you can’t think of anything else. – Joe Rogan
- Meditation is all about the pursuit of nothingness. It’s like the ultimate rest. It’s better than the best sleep you’ve ever had. It’s a quieting of the mind. It sharpens everything, especially your appreciation of your surroundings. It keeps life fresh. – Hugh Jackman
- The purpose of meditation is to make our mind calm and peaceful. If our mind is peaceful, we will be free from worries and mental discomfort, and so we will experience true happiness. But if our mind is not peaceful, we will find it very difficult to be happy, even if we are living in the very best conditions. – Kelsang Gyatso
- Meditation is not concerned with any activity but it is concerned with our alertness while doing any action. Meditation means to add awareness and alertness in our actions. – Unknown
- Meditation is not to avoid society; it is to look deep to have the kind of insight you need to take action. To think that it is just to sit down and enjoy the calm and peace, is wrong.- Nhat Hanh
- As a freshman in college, I was having a lot of trouble adjusting. I took a meditation class to handle anxiety. It really helped. Then as a grad student at Harvard, I was awarded a pre-doctoral traveling fellowship to India, where my focus was on the ancient systems of psychology and meditation practices of Asia. – Daniel Goleman
- Prayer is when you talk to God. Meditation is when you’re listening. Playing the piano allows you to do both at the same time. – Kelsey Grammer
- Careless indifference and bodily restlessness in meditation cause negative vibrations. – Paramahansa Yogananda
- I always try meditation. Meditation means always keeping one mind, not-moving mind. – Seung Sahn
- By turning your eyes on God in meditation, your whole soul will be filled with God. Begin all your prayers in the presence of God. – Saint Francis de Sales
- Now I meditate twice a day for half an hour. In meditation, I can let go of everything. I’m not Hugh Jackman. I’m not a dad. I’m not a husband. I’m just dipping into that powerful source that creates everything. I take a little bath in it. – Hugh Jackman
- Meditation is not the construction of something foreign, it is not an effort to attain and then hold on to a particular experience. We may have a secret desire that through meditation we will accumulate a stockpile of magical experiences, or at least a mystical trophy or two, and then we will be able to proudly display them for others to see. – Sharon Salzberg
- Total relaxation is the secret to enjoying sitting meditation. I sit with my spine upright, but not rigid; and I relax all the muscles in my body. – Nhat Hanh
- I’d like to be more patient! I just want everything now. I’ve tried to meditate, but it’s really hard for me to stay still. I’d like to try to force myself to do it, because everybody says how wonderful meditation is for you, but I can’t shut my mind up. So patience and learning is the key. Ellen DeGeneres Patriotism, Learning PlayStation 3 is another form of meditation. Come on, when you’re on set, all day? That’s what I do in my trailer, I just play PlayStation 3. Steve Zahn Form, Trailer Recovering from the suicide of a loved one, you need all the help you can get, so I very much recommend a meditation program. The whole picture of how to recover from this has to do with body, mind, and spirit. That’s applicable to any kind of depression. Judy Collins Depression, Suicide, Help Remember that breath walking – as with any meditation technique – should not be pursued with a grim determination to ‘get it right.’ The point is to cultivate openness, relaxation and awareness, which can include awareness of your undisciplined, wandering mind. – Andrew Weil
- Meditation is not thinking about any god, chanting any mantra or practicing any concentration exercise. Meditation is to be passively aware of our thoughts and feelings. – Unknown
- I said to my soul, be still and wait without hope, for hope would be hope for the wrong thing; wait without love, for love would be love of the wrong thing; there is yet faith, but the faith and the love are all in the waiting. Wait without thought, for you are not ready for thought: So the darkness shall be the light, and the stillness the dancing. – T.S. Eliot
- At the end of the day, I can end up just totally wacky, because I’ve made mountains out of molehills. With meditation, I can keep them as molehills. – Ringo Starr
- Keep your heart clear and transparent, and you will Never be bound. A single disturbed thought Creates ten thousand distractions. – Ryokan
- Within each of us is a light, awake, encoded in the fibers of our existence. Divine ecstasy is the totality of this marvellous creation experienced in the hearts of humanity. – Tony Samara
- Meditation is such a more substantial reality than what we normally take to be reality. – Richard Gere
- Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless ― like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend. – Bruce Lee
- You exist in time, but you belong to eternity ― You are a penetration of eternity into the world of time ― You are deathless, living in a body of death ― Your consciousness knows no death, no birth ― It is only your body that is born and dies ― But you are not aware of your consciousness ―You are not conscious of your consciousness ―And that is the whole art of meditation; Becoming conscious of consciousness itself. – Osho
- Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak. – Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
- Respond; don’t react. Listen; don’t talk. Think; don’t assume. – Raji Lukkoor
- That deep silence has a melody of its own, a sweetness unknown amid the harsh discords of the world’s sounds. – Paul Brunton
- When you plant a seed of love, it is you that blossoms. – Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
- Meditation, then, is bringing the mind home. – Sogyal Rinpoche
- Meditation is the ultimate mobile device; you can use it anywhere, anytime, unobtrusively. – Sharon Salzberg
- Be here now. Be someplace else later. Is that so complicated? . – David Bader
- Even when in the midst of disturbance, the stillness of the mind can offer sanctuary. – Stephen Richards
- Mindfulness meditation doesn’t change life. Life remains as fragile and unpredictable as ever. Meditation changes the heart’s capacity to accept life as it is. It teaches the heart to be more accommodating, not by beating it into submission, but by making it clear that accommodation is a gratifying choice. – Sylvia Boorstein
- Learn to enjoy the way as much as you would enjoy when you reach the destination. – Sakshi Chetana
- With meditation I found a ledge above the waterfall of my thoughts. – Mary Bray Pipher
- The seeker after stillness should be told that the stillness is always there. Indeed it is in every man. But he has to learn, first, to let it in and, second, how to do so. The first beginning of this is to remember. The second is to recognize the inward pull. For the rest, the stillness itself will guide and lead him to itself. – Paul Brunton
- Spiritual yearning is the homesickness of the soul. – Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
- Go within every day and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out. – Katherine Dunham
- Meditation is silence, energising and fulfilling. Silent is the eloquent expression of the inexpressible. – Sri Chinmoy
- Because all actions and expressions stem from the mind, it is vital to know the mind as well as decide in what way we’ll use it. Everyone has heard of psychosomatic illness, and most of us acknowledge that psychosomatic sicknesses can and do occur. But what about psychosomatic wellness? – H.E. Davey
Other articles on Meditation in this blog:
- Meditation Tips for Beginners
- Many Benefits of Meditation
- Meditation Quotes by Spiritual Masters
- What is Mindfulness Meditation and How to Practice It
- Meditation Techniques to Help Relax and Sleep Better
- Simple Meditation Technique for Manifestation
- Powerful Meditation for Manifesting Money
Hope you liked this article. Please do share it with others too.
Website Concept, Content & Creation by: http://goodwriting.in/
image credits: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/
image credits: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/