In this article you will find:
Since my childhood I would see my father regularly practising his daily meditation. Of course, I was too young to understand that what is he doing or thinking – with his eyes closed in the meditation. However, it always seemed that he was doing something holy which takes him to a superior level.
My Connection with Meditation
However, I was clear that meditation was not for me and I decided that I had no interest in it. It was only couple of years later, when I was in my early twenties that my father noticed my interest in metaphysics and he encouraged me to take up workshops and courses in Mind Reading, Manifestation, Healing, Spirituality etc. To my utter surprise there was not one course or workshop where mediation in one form or the other was not used. Be it Reiki, Pranic Healing, Silva Mind Control, Theta Healing, meditation is the important method or technique.
Of course, I have been practicing meditation all these years and I find it simple, easy and beneficial.
Many Benefits of Meditation
Meditation is one of the key contributors to my happier state of being, healthy life and better body and mind coordination. Meditation has given to me a better control over self. Meditation has also empowered with an ability to deal with tough situations and tough people.
There are innumerable benefits of practising meditation. Over the years I must have experienced quite a few of them directly or indirectly.
Different Types of Multiple Benefits of Meditation
When I first planned this blog post, I thought that I might mention five or may be ten benefits of meditation. Thus it was intended to be an article where those five or ten benefits would be elaborated upon. However, when I began my research – both online and actually discussing with my friends, I found that each one had quite a few good points about the benefits of meditation – some common and some unique.
Meditation is definitely a powerful tool and technique. Here is a list of specific benefits that meditation can provide you with.
Health Benefits of Meditation
With the regular practice of meditation, the body undergoes a healthy change and every cell of the body is filled with more spiritual energy (prana). Naturally this leads to experiencing of joy, peace, enthusiasm within and without.
On the physiological physical level, meditation:
- Lowers high blood pressure. It is good for people with high blood pressure.
- Increases blood flow and slows the heart rate.
- Lowers the levels of blood lactate
- Reduces anxiety attacks due to change in body response mechanism to stress and pressure
- Decreases any tension-related pains, such as, headaches, muscle and joint problems
- Increases serotonin production that improves mood and behavior
- Improves body’s immune system
- Increases exercise tolerance.
- Provides a deeper level of relaxation.
- Increases the overall level or energy
- Slows the aging process
- Improves orderliness of brain’s functioning
- Produces lasting beneficial changes in brain electrical activity
Related Article: Meditation Techniques for Good Health and Spiritual Healing
Psychological / Mental Benefits of Meditation
During meditation the brainwave pattern or brain frequency is lowered to alpha or beta state. These are highly beneficial levels of brain frequencies that promote self healing, calmness of the mind and gives better mental clarity.
With regular practice of meditation, the benefits are:
- The mind becomes fresh
- Thoughts become positive and beautiful.
- Improves emotional stability
- Increases creativity
- Intuition develops
- Better peace of mind
- More happiness
- Improved learning ability and memory at all stages.
- Better mental focus & concentration
- Improved inter personal relationships
- Increased Productivity
- Stronger will power
Related Articles on this website:
Spiritual Benefits of Meditation
Some of the spiritual benefits of meditation are:
- Crates a platform to attain enlightenment
- Creates a harmony of, mind, body and spirit in the practitioner
- Better acceptability of self and others
- Helps inculcate forgiveness
- Increase in level of universal love and compassion
- Growing wisdom
Related Article: Meditation Quotes by Spiritual Masters
Benefits of Meditation for Students
Do you have school going kids, especially in senior classes or are you a student yourself? Well then meditation is for you. Here are some amazing benefits of meditation for students:
- Improved Concentration: Students are able to concentrate better and have more mental focus.
- Sharper brains: It is a natural result of a more calm mind and better focus
- Better Grades: Students can do better with their homework, test and exams.
- More Self Confidence: Meditation can develop many physical, emotional, mental and psychological qualities in children and students which can do wonders to their personality. The result is greater dynamism!
- Improved Interpersonal Relationships: This included relationships at home, such as with siblings and parents.
- Better Sleep: With no of less tension of the outside problems, more controlled state of mind, better acceptability the child is more peaceful. This improves the quality of sleep. You may refer to: Meditation Techniques to Help Relax and Sleep Better
- Better Health
- Reduced Absenteeism
How to Get Benefits of Meditation
To experience the benefits of meditation, just learn it and start practising it regularly. It is like a seed. When you cultivate a seed with love and care, it blossoms. Once imbibed into the daily routine, meditation becomes the best part of your daily routine!
It does not matter how very busy you are or what is your backgrounds – you will be grateful that you paused for a few minutes in a day to enjoy a refreshing meditation.
Meditation does not require anything – no special equipment, no special room or no special preparation. It is completely FREE! Dive deep into yourself and enrich your life.
It is not difficult to learn meditation and it can be done anywhere, at any time. All it requires is your intention to ‘connect’ to your higher self and about 5 to 15 minutes to get all the benefits.
The beauty is that meditation has NO negative side effects. In fact, the list of benefits is huge. Therefore, the question you should ask yourself is, “why am I not meditating yet?” The earlier you start, the better it is as it ultimately leads you to Self-realization.
Recommended for you: What is Mindfulness Meditation and How to Practice It
We would love to hear from you about your personal experiences with meditation practice. Also we are sure you liked this article.
Why don’t you share it via E mail, Facebook, Google+, Twitter, Pinterest, StumbleUpon, or any other way you want!
Here are the links to the related articles: