The modern Medical Science
Undoubtedly the medical science, healthcare industry and pharmaceutical companies have been working incessantly to provide best of the relief and cure in the form of medicines and surgery. Then there are different kinds of physiotherapy exercises – with and without equipments. Despite all this progress by the man in field of medical technology, diagnostics and treatments, people continue to fall sick.
Search for Complementary and Alternative Medicine
The quest for a robust body and a better health restoring system made us to look for complementary and alternative medicine which is easy, effective and perhaps can be done by the person himself. For more interesting details please read Alternative Healing Therapies and Treatments
The answer came in form of rediscovering tapping the Universal Abundance for Health and Healing. This can also be Energy Healing. Depending on the country and culture of origin it has different names such as Meditation, Pranic Healing, Reiki, Tai Chi Healing, Qi Gong and so on.
The proof of their efficacy in providing some or complete relief and at the same time maintaining good health lies in the increasing popularity of these methods and techniques the world over – especially in USA and UK. Interestingly most of these energy healing concepts and systems for self healing practice have originated from the oriental world – India, China, Japan and Philippines.
It may be mentioned that some people also refer to this as Spiritual Medicine, Energy Therapy and Energy Medicine. At the same time there are believers, non believers, neutrals and critics to this concept of alternative medicine. While the science is still looking for concrete clinical proof, there is an increasing tendency among people to give alternate healing a serious chance.
How does the Energy Healing work?
When broken down to the finest state, it is believed that everything is energy, hence all healing ultimately has to involve energy. Energy healing works with the energetic aspect of our being. Since everything is made up of patterns of energy
Recommended for you
These methods also strongly advocate the well being and healing of not only just the body at the physical level but at all the three levels – physical, mental and emotional. That is why these techniques are also sometimes referred to as holistic healing.
Most healing methods are focused on the physical, mental and emotional levels of life, without recognition of the deeper underlying energy. Energy healing works purely with the energetic level of our being. Since everything is made up of patterns of energy, working directly with energy influences the physical, mental and emotional, as well as the spiritual level. Energy healing is thus by nature “holistic”.
The cause of illness or pain or disease in the body is understood as the blockage in the proper flow of energy in the body. These blockages could also be triggered due to wrong attitude, negative emotions, besides physical reasons. So the spiritual healers definitely wants to address these issues at mental, emotional and physical levels.
It would be more proper to look at Energy healing as an alternative healing that complements and supports modern medical methods of healing, since it addresses the issues at the deeper level of the body, mind and emotions.
Meditation for Good Health and Spiritual Healing
Almost all the oriental healing therapies have some form of meditation built in their system to connect to the Universe for healing energy. Similarly Meditation is being accepted and recommended by increasing number of physicians as a tool to manage stress and promote relaxation in body and mind. This in turn helps to prevent, slow or at least control the pain of chronic ailments like heart problems, AIDS, cancer and infertility.
There is growing acceptance that that regular practice of meditation combined with proper physical exercises and balanced diet can lead to better health and well-being. In other words, it is improvements in your overall lifestyle. Meditation helps to control / reduce stress levels, insomnia by calming the anxiety, lowering stress hormones, lower blood pressure, reduce depression, improve circulation and improve memory.
No doubt most people try meditation to cope with the pressures of modern life or as a stress busting program, the spiritual evolution comes inevitably. Meditation takes the practitioner from activity into silence. The silence of pure awareness is Spiritual bliss as well as your connection with the Creator.
Easy Meditation Techniques for Good Health and Spiritual Healing
Preparing for Meditation
If you are beginner to the practice of meditation then this section may be helpful.
To “set the scene”:
- Wear something that is comfortable.
- Find a quiet place to where you won’t be disturbed for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Sit with back upright (spine straight) and make yourself comfortable. If need be you may use pillows or a blanket. This allows the energy to flow freely.
- Fold your legs comfortably. Assume a lotus, half-lotus or legs-crossed position, otherwise you may sit on a chair.
Meditation Technique # 1
- Take a few minutes to sit in stillness
- Calm your mind by drawing deep breaths and then exhaling out. You may use any good breathing techniques, if you already now.
- Now start meditating.
- Evoke or invite the higher self, God, Buddha, Guru, Bodhisattvas, or other beings – if you are so inclined or oriented.
- Begin to breathe slowly and deeply. Calm yourself and find your centre
- Pay your attention on how you are feeling—both emotionally and physically. Try not to analyze what you are feeling. Just be with the experience. Acknowledge your emotions in a gentle and loving way.
- Take your attention to the part of the body or the condition of the body which requires healing. Give it your and Creator’s love. Speak to it in your thoughts compassionately. If it is a part of your body then appreciate its role and duty.
- Next give it white / silver / golden / silver white light of healing for a few minutes. See in your mind’s eye the position becoming better and the health improving as the healing is in progress.
- If a person or situation is responsible for your ill health, then drop your anger or hate or blame against the person or the circumstances. Forgive him or her.
- In case you consider yourself responsible for this then love yourself, accept yourself.
- Say a few affirmations of health and affirmations of healing
- Relive the happy, fun times and the excellent health and infinite energy that you have enjoyed in the present. Make sure it is positive emotions full of happy moments.
- When you are finished, take a few slow, deep breaths. Sit quietly for a few minutes and bring your meditation to an end. Do this meditation as often as you need to and know that you can always return to this space whenever you want to feel at peace.
Meditation Technique # 2
- Prepare for the meditation.
- Make sure that the temperature is comfortable and you are wearing comfortable clothes ( not tight)
- Sit comfortably and close your eyes.
- Take a few deep breaths – inhaling and exhaling slowly – to help you relax your body and mind better.
- Next visualize a soothing divine light around your body. Tell yourself that this light heals and energizes your body and mind.
- Further imagine that this energy acts as an immunity shield – keeping infections, diseases and all types of health problems away from you.
- If you need to work on any part of your body, say knee pain then visualize this light entering your knee, cleaning out the negativity / blockages / stuck energy (you can give it a color you do not like) and replacing it with good healthy and energetic cells and tissues.
- Imagine the negativity (it could be that pain or some infection you want to remove) coming out of your body and vaporizing into the space.
- As a result, you are feeling good and better.
- Be actively with the whole process some time to complete successfully.
- Inhale and exhale a couple of times.
- Finally, imagine yourself to be as you want to be ( as per your goal) and stay with that vision for some time with full feelings.
How does Meditation work?
There is constant communication between your mind and body. Whatever your mind imagines and believes it signals the body accordingly and the body will respond by manifesting the thoughts or the orders of the subconscious mind. So if you picture disease for yourself – you are likely to manifest it into your life. By visualizing yourself as a healthy and happy person, you are telling your body to be so. Doing it through meditation is that simple, yet so very profound
Almost all of us have noticed the Olympic athletes closing their eyes before the actual event, doing it mentally and then going ahead. It is proving beyond doubt that there is Mind – Body connection.
Achieving Positive Results through Meditation
It is not easy to realize the benefits of meditation – whether for healing or for any other benefit that you are looking for. While for some, simple benefits such as a reduction in stress may happen quickly, but spiritual enlightenment may not happen so soon. But do not despair, it is only when one has established a daily and regular practice one can begin to expect the benefits of meditation available to us all. It must be consistent with full faith and devotion. If you do not adhere to the principles of meditation, it will remain forever simply a form of exercise and relaxation.
Do not set very difficult or multiple goals in the beginning. You may start with general visualization to stay healthy and shape and then move to improve your immune system. Once your practice improves and as you become regular with your healing meditation practice you can start to work with more serious problems. You will begin to achieve results to improve your level of health if not a total cure.
You may also like following articles:
- Powerful Healing Affirmations
- Auto Suggestions for Health and Holistic Healing
- Powerful Health Affirmations
Other articles on Meditation in this blog:
- Powerful Meditation for Manifesting Money
- Meditation Tips for Beginners
- Many Benefits of Meditation
- Meditation Quotes by Spiritual Masters
- What is Mindfulness Meditation and How to Practice It
- Meditation Techniques to Help Relax and Sleep Better
- Simple Meditation Technique for Manifestation
Hope you liked this article. Please do share it with others too.
This article is intended for joyful reading on the subject. Learning meditation needs the help of an evolved teacher. If you have a health challenge or discomfort then do not try meditation without the advice of your medical doctor. Consult your doctor first as meditation is no diagnostic tool or substitute of any medicine. Human body is complex and not all persons can hope to get the same results. Also this is no way to suggest leaving your current medication system or line of treatment. Meditation and Energy Healing Therapies may be integrated into the holistic healthcare for good health.